A Discipleship Training School
is about encountering God and being empowered by him.
Get to know who God is
- Hearing God’s Voice
- The Nature and Character of God
View life from Gods perspective
- Authority and Submission
- The Fear of the Lord
Experience freedom and grace
- Repentance and Forgiveness
- Making Jesus Lord
Learn of Gods ways
- The Father heart of God
- Relationships in Gods image
Explore your destiny
Develop a biblical lifestyle
- Living in spiritual authority
- Intercession and worship
Living in a dynamic missionary community provides a stimulating environment to get to know God more.
In the classroom we will focus on a different topic each week, learning from experienced speakers who have lived out the principles they teach.
You will also have opportunities to learn outside the classroom through worship, prayer, small groups and one-on-one discipleship.
Engaging with God
The emphasis is on encountering God and responding to Him, practically applying what you learn, which leads to growth and fulfilment in your relationship with Him.
You will also learn about Gods’ love for the lost, and be empowered to share His love with others. You will learn about evangelism, missions and extending God’s hope to the poor and needy.
Each week, you will have opportunities to put into practice the principles you learn, in our local communities.
Growing in confidence
Imagine using your gifts and passions to share God’s love with people who need it!
Our DTS outreach teams serve people wherever they are, demonstrating the love of God in whatever way we can: sports, drama, music, practical service, praying for needs, healthcare – we do it all.
It’s all about bringing the love of Christ to people through our lives and through the gifts that God has given us.
12 weeks lectures
10 weeks outreach
Wherever you go on outreach:
• You will grow in confidence as you see God using you to show His love to others
• You will gain a greater perspective of the world and Gods part in it
• You will see great needs and be a part of God’s solution.
Outreach TBC AUD$3-5000,00
Discipleship Training School Options and News
|March 2018||Youth Ministry DTS||Melbourne||March 19 to August 23, 2018|
|July 2018||Abide DTS||Adelaide||July 5 to December 14, 2018|
|July 2018||Discover DTS||Melbourne||July 9 to December 7, 2018|
|September 2018||Refugee DTS||Melbourne||September 12, 2018 to February 15, 2019|
|October 2018||Transformation DTS||Tasmania||October 2, 2018 to March 8, 2019|
|October 2018||Adventure DTS||Tasmania||October 2, 2018 to March 8, 2019|
What are you waiting for?
God longs to bring healing to a world that is broken and lost without Him, and He wants to partner with you! The bible says in Genesis 22:18 that, “all nations will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.”
What does God want you to do with your talents and your abilities? What does He want to accomplish in your life?
Come and find out, join the adventure!
Be challenged in your relationship with God, find your purpose in the Great Commission!
Once complete, the DTS provides global possibilities of further study and missions opportunities in YWAM or out. You will feel prepared for the next stage of your life adventure. The DTS will give you ideas, hopes and dreams that you won’t be able to put down!
We invite you to join us in radical living that will change lives forever!
Things to know!
- At the completion of all units of the course you will obtain a Certificate III in Discipleship.
The DTS is designed to lay foundations of knowing God and making Him known by training participants in the foundational teachings of Youth With A Mission and by providing opportunities for hands on application of that training.
The DTS opens the door for ongoing involvement with Youth With a Mission, and provides foundational training that will assist you in further missions involvement, or for personal application in any sphere of society.
Unit DSPENC301A Encountering God
The purpose of this unit is to strengthen the participant’s relationship with God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) by imparting a life-changing understanding of the nature, character, and ways of God, by encouraging a response to Him in worship, prayer and obedience, and by equipping participants to read the Bible in such a way that transforms beliefs, values and behaviours.
Unit DSPPER301A Seeing Life from God’s Perspective
The purpose of this unit is to enable the participant to adopt and apply the Biblical view of human beings and their role as partners with God in all of creation, while affirming the value, uniqueness and significance to God of every individual as well as all peoples and nations.
Unit DSPRJL301A Recognise Jesus as Lord
The purpose of this unit is to strengthen the participant’s commitment to follow Jesus as Lord and to apply that commitment to personal lifestyle.
Unit DSPBLJ301A Become more like Jesus
This unit provides the participant with the knowledge and skills to establish an ongoing development of their attitudes, values, and behaviour to reflect those of Jesus Christ.
Unit DSPWKS301A Do the Works of Jesus
The purpose of this unit is to challenge the participants with the ‘Great Commission,’ to do the works of Jesus so as to defeat the enemy’s strategies, to strengthen their commitment to reach the lost, to equip them to share the Gospel, and to encourage them to clarify with God their personal life direction and purpose.
Unit DSPYWM301A Orientate to YWAM
This unit will give the participant an overview of the purpose, structure, history and foundational values of Youth With A Mission internationally, nationally and locally. The unit will also introduce participants to the opportunities that are available for them for further study and ministry within YWAM after the completion of the training course.
The purpose of the DTS is:
- To GATHER and CHALLENGE people to worship, listen to and obey God, releasing them (in the context of the DTS) to serve through evangelism, intercession, acts of compassion and other expressions of God’s heart for the world, possibly even pioneering new ministries.
- To INSPIRE and CULTIVATE growth in one’s relationship with God resulting in Christ-like character, which is based on a solid biblical foundation, the work of the Holy Spirit and the personal application of biblical truth, especially concerning God’s character, the Cross and empowering grace.
- To SHARPEN one’s ability to relate to, learn from and work with people, including those of different cultures, personalities and perspectives.
- To further EQUIP each one to serve God’s purposes either in or outside of YWAM Family of Ministries, strengthening a commitment to reach the lost, especially the un-reached, to care for the poor, and to influence all areas of society.
- To IMPART the vision and foundational values of Youth With A Mission International as well as that of the host operating location and to provide information regarding a variety of opportunities for service.
The DTS aims to graduate students:
- with a growing understanding of the breadth and depth of God’s character and ways;
- who are becoming more like Jesus in the way they relate to God and people;
- who increasingly cooperate with the empowering presence of the indwelling Holy Spirit;
- who listen to and obey God as the result of God’s enabling grace;
- who search the Scripture in such a way that transforms beliefs, values and behaviours;
- with strengthened lifestyles of worship, intercession and spiritual warfare;
- with a greater ability to work with others, especially those different from themselves;
- who can share the Gospel with the lost and have a life-long commitment to do so, with a commitment to continue to be involved in some way with God’s work among the nations, including un-reached people, the poor and needy and in spheres of society;
- who understand the calling and values of YWAM and are aware of a variety of opportunities available to them throughout YWAM;
- with a clearer understanding of God’s purposes for their life and a sense of their life direction;
- who either: go on to serve God in either a context familiar or foreign to them or pursue further training (in or outside of YWAM) to equip them for further service.
The Discipleship Training School (DTS) is a prerequisite for all other YWAM courses and is therefore the gateway into the seven Colleges/Faculties and various Centres of the University of the Nations. The DTS also serves to orient and prepare all new YWAM staff.